Why choose the apprenticeship pathway?
An apprenticeship is a proven way to avoid or overcome college debt, get a foot in the door at the right company or even change careers. By completing an apprenticeship, you can create opportunity for career advancement as you
- Receive on-the-job training
- Earn a nationally recognized credential
- Learn from an experienced mentor
- Earn a wage that increases with your experience
- Gain a real-world understanding of the job
- Apply what you learn and improve your skills
- Fast-track your success in a time-tested way
Earn as you learn with a
guaranteed wage increase as you
develop new skill
Receive an industry-recognized
JUMPSTART YOUR CAREER
Ease the transition from school to
career by working and learning at
the same time
Gain workplace-relevant skills in
the field of your choice through
Get academic credit towards a
college degree for the skill you
learn while avoiding student debt
Connect with mentor(s) in your
chosen industry who can help you
advance your career
Who is eligible to become an apprentice?
To be eligible to participate in this program:
- Be 18 years of age older
- Have a high school diploma or a GED
- Be able to read, write and speak English
- Hold a valid Driver License
- Be authorized to work in the USA
- Meet the eligibility criteria for the position you are seeking
- Be employed full-time with a participating employer
To register as an Apprentice
There are two pathways to becoming an apprentice:
If you are currently employed with a participating employer:
- 1. Contact your Human Resource Department.
- 2. If eligible to become an apprentice, complete the following two forms:
- 3. Produce a valid copy of the following documents (as stated on Form #2, Page 8): Social Security Card Documentation, Documentation specified on the I-9 Form, Driver’s License, and Pay Stub.
- 4. The employer representative verifies all forms are completed and uploads them to our secure portal “Box” (email email@example.com for access permission).
- 5. Contact our Apprentice Liaison, Kimberley Claar-Johnson, (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you are not currently employed with a participating employer:
- 1. Contact our Employer Liaison, Shelby Smith, (email@example.com).
- 2. Review employment opportunities with the participating employers and submit applications as appropriate.
- 3. Once you are employed with a participating employer, follow the process listed above for individuals employed by a participating employer.